Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Pamphlet by Shaun Willcock:

THE TERM ''PROTESTANT.''


Dear friends

What does it mean, this term ‘Protestant’?
I am not a Protestant merely because I am not Roman Catholic.  Nor am I a Protestant because I am in agreement with all others who call themselves Protestants; for I am not.  I am a Protestant because I, as a Christian, protest against Rome (and indeed against all false religion) on biblical grounds.  Only in this narrow sense, am I a Protestant (I am not using the term in a historical sense, but in a biblical sense).

There are multitudes of people who are historical Protestants.  They merely belong to institutions which reject the authority of the Papacy, etc. (although they are not protesting against Roman Catholicism – the Protestant denominations, by and large, ceased to protest a long time ago).  True believers, however, are biblical Protestants.  They oppose Roman Catholicism, and all false religion, with the Word of the living God, and will do so unto death.  Multitudes of historical Protestants are not Christians.  But all true Christians are biblical Protestants!

The Roman Catholic religion is the religion of Antichrist.  It dares to claim that it is Christian, and has deceived multitudes, who have consequently died as lost souls.  Against this vile, wicked institution, I protest!  I contend for the true, biblical faith against it!  I defend the true faith against it!  I affirm the true Gospel and oppose the false one!  For these reasons, I call myself a Protestant.

This pamphlet is available for free on our website.  Simply go to the following link, then scroll down until you find the pamphlet: : http://www.biblebasedministries.co.uk/pamphlets/4/
You may read it online, or download and print it.

BIBLE BASED MINISTRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment